V MAX SHO 175hp
Sophisticated, state of-the-art engineering can be packaged to look great, a fact proved by our impressive new V MAX SHO line-up. These advanced technology, 4-cyiinder, 16-valve EFI engines conceal awesome out-of-the-hole performance, acceleration and speed within their sleek, streamlined designs.
V MAX your torque.
The streamlined cowling design, with aggressive, stylish V MAX graphics, conceals advanced technology features like a 16-valve, double-overhead cam engine layout with variable camshaft timing and electronic fuel injection - but there’s no hiding the blistering acceleration and heart-pumping top speed.
From a practical viewpoint too, this is no ordinary outboard. For example, the 3-phase, high-power (50A) alternator provides plenty of juice to power all the on-board electronics. What’s more, it delivers enough power to charge your batteries even at trolling speed, so you will never run out of power.
At a glance
- Compact design – more power delivered for less weight
- Class-leading torque and high-speed performance
- Tuned for out-of-the-hole performance on light boats
- Smooth and quiet - for relaxed boating and fishing
- Distinctive & well-known ‘V MAX SHO’ cowling design
- High output 50A alternator – power from low RPM
- Unmatched Yamaha reliability
- Engine type
- Bore x stroke
- 96,0 x 96,2 mm
- Lubrication system
- Wet sump
- Ignition system
- Starter system
- Electric with Prime Start™